Nortal is is looking for an experienced System Analyst to join the highly successful Unemployment Insurance Fund (Töötukassa) team. You’ll be part of a team that develops and maintains a web-based information system that simplifies the proceedings for both the unemployed people and officials of the Unemployment Insurance Fund, making everything easier and more efficient.
You will be doing:
– Gathering and clarifying business, system, and user requirements;
– Writing detailed specifications; reviewing specifications written by other analysts;
– Analyzing and evaluating the feasibility of new features;
– Serving as a liaison between the team and the customer’s Product Owner;
– Prioritizing and scheduling work with the Product Owner and the project manager;
– Building and maintaining positive relationships with the customer;
– Helping others understand the business need behind the specifications;
– Working together with developers and QA to support the customer with more complex issues; answering business and/or technical questions;
– Occasionally participating in testing to validate the business logic implemented;
– Participating in sprint planning and sprint/product backlog grooming.
– Promoting process improvement for the customer.
You will need:
– At least 2-3 years in business, systems or data analysis;
– Strong analytical skills to break down complex scopes of work;
– Good written and spoken Estonian and an ability to express complex ideas clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences;
– Strong ability to negotiate firmly, but respectfully; standing your ground or finding a compromise as needed;
– Ability to understand and articulate the customer’s needs in the larger context of the system;
– Ability to focus, and pay strict attention to details;
– Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
– At least a basic grasp of, and some practical experience with SQL;
– Experience with Agile development processes.